This review was last updated by
This CRM Review examines Zoho CRM
In-Depth CRM Review
|ZOHO Corporation Pvt. Ltd.|
|4141 Hacienda Drive|
|Pleasanton, CA 94588-8566|
|CRM Taxonomy:||CRM – Cloud|
|Seats:||Small Business/SMB/Small Enterprise|
About the Company:
The art of software.
Software is our craft and our passion. At Zoho, we create beautiful software to solve business problems. We believe that software is the ultimate product of the mind and the hands, so our products are forged by craftsmen, rather than churned out by machines.
But as much as we love building beautiful software, we think our people and company culture are our most important assets. Our engineers spend years mastering their craft, bringing together decades of engineering expertise to produce a real work of art. When you choose Zoho, you get more than just a single product or a tightly integrated suite. You get our commitment to continuous refinement and to improving your experience. And you get our relentless devotion to your satisfaction.
A focus on what matters.
Zoho is committed to spending your money wisely. We invest more in product development and customer support than in sales and marketing. It always struck us as paradoxical to charge the customer extra for the privilege of marketing back to them. By keeping our cost of attracting customers low, we keep our prices affordable and pass the savings onto our users. We’re gentle in our sales approach, so we don’t push our people to push you. You won’t find us trying to endlessly upsell you, or buying your loyalty through multi-year contracts. And with growth that regularly outstrips our competitors, we know that this model works.
A private company with – a public vision.
We’ve stayed private and we’ve never taken other people’s money. Neither will change. This keeps us independent and beholden to only the customer, permitting a long term view to naturally unfold. We are private, but far from small. With nearly 5,000 employees across the globe, our style of unconventional thinking seems to have paid off. Our investment in people is a vital part of our R&D edge. We have a comprehensive program to hire high school students and train them – a program we call Zoho University. Over 15% of our engineers come from this program. Not only is the program good for our company, it is also good for the communities we live in.
Free from prying eyes.
The decision to value customer privacy isn’t one you make after watching which way the wind blows. It must stem from prior belief, perhaps even dogma. This is exactly why we made the decision more than two decades ago that we weren’t going to sell ads inside our products, not even within the free editions. We’re not interested in tracking your clicks to feed the marketing monster. We will make our money the traditional way—bringing you valuable software that you are happy to pay us for. So why did we make this choice to put privacy first? Simple. We valued our privacy; we figured you would, too. And that’s why we’ve prided ourselves on being ahead of the curve when it comes to government regulations about privacy; we don’t need to be told what good business should look like.
A product to meet every need.
Over the years, we’ve crafted dozens of products with equal fervor. Now they are even available under one single integrated suite, Zoho One, that can put a business completely on the cloud. Unlike our competitors, who periodically wake up to discover gaping product holes that they must now fill urgently with acquisitions to reassure their shareholders, we craft our portfolio with patience and anticipation. Our strategy is born from the realization that the vast majority of acquisitions fail, and it’s the customer that pays the price. Many of our products were developed to meet our own needs—for Zoho itself runs entirely on Zoho. This means our software often must fail us, before it can fail you.
About the Product:
Zoho CRM is a great contact manager – for people just getting started or for people tired of their costly dinosaur solution! The solution includes fields for most imaginable situations. Yet, if you do need to change something or add something, Zoho CRM is among the most customizable CRM systems that I have ever seen. More importantly, you do not need to hire an army of consultants to implement these changes. You will be able make most of these changes yourself.
Connect in real time with customers and prospects, across all channels. From email to phone, live chat, and even social media. SalesSignals notifies you when a hot prospect is browsing your site, reading your email campaign, or engaging with your brand on social media.
- SalesSignals – Bring all your channels together in an organized timeline, and reach out to every prospect.
- Email – See your emails organized according to the CRM pipeline, and respond to the customers who matter most with Zoho SalesInbox.
- Telephony – Click to connect. Contact customers over the phone inside CRM, with a single click.
- Social – Understand what people are saying about your brand, and capture leads from social media into your CRM.
- Live Chat – Turn visitors into converts. Initiate a live chat with website viewers to find out where they’re coming from, what they’re looking for, and whether they’re new or returning customers.
- Portals – Let your customers, vendors and partners access their past purchases, cases, and invoices through distinct portals to make informed buying decisions.
Performance and Analytics
The more your business grows, the more you need to know. Measure the performance of every sales activity, and break up quotas into achievable targets with Zoho CRM’s reports, analytics, and forecasts.
- Reports – Real-time reporting gives you insight into a variety of metrics such as sales trends, marketing campaigns, activity reports, and team performance.
- Analytics – Create dashboards, analyze trends, stay on top of your key performance indicators, and know where you stand on your targets.
- Forecasting – Make more accurate forecasts. Predict future sales and measure them against current sales.
- Territory Management – Segment customers across different territories, assign them to the right reps, gain insights on territory-wide sales, and exceed sales forecasts.
Customize standard modules, add additional functionalities, and make Zoho CRM work the way you do. With custom views, filters, and fields, decide how much data you want to see at any given time, and in the language you prefer.
- Layouts – Create layouts for different processes, control what data enters your CRM, and close more sales in less time.
- Subforms – Turn a record into a warehouse of information by associating data from across modules in a tabular form.
- Association – Link records across multiple modules, and establish unique relationships between them
- Custom Components – Customize the information you want to see inside CRM with custom modules, fields, and buttons.
- Functions – Add custom functionalities to your CRM account through Deluge scripts, our low-code scripting language.
- Views and Filters – Personalize the way you see data inside CRM with custom views. Work efficiently with advanced filters.
- Sandbox – A secure sandbox with advanced deployment options to test and publish updates, without worrying about affecting your account’s data.
- Translations – Provide multi-language support to your users by translating default modules to localize your sales and marketing.
Does your sales team know what to do at each stage in the pipeline – and do they follow the playbook? With Blueprint, your sales team knows at every turn what to do next. Define your sales process, and all your team has to do is follow it.
- Blueprint – Build and execute custom sales processes with Blueprint—the easiest way to do process automation.
- Approval Process – Approval Rules in Zoho CRM help you get the right sales agents on board to resolve pending requests.
Zoho CRM’s advanced automation capabilities save your sales team time by automatically completing routine tasks, so they can focus on closing more deals faster.
- Workflow Rules – Every time your team follows up with a lead or updates a field, there’s lots of manual work. Use workflows and perform tasks faster.
- Macros – Perform three tasks with one Macro. Send an email, update required fields, and also schedule follow-up tasks.
- Assignment Rules – Assign leads based on a particular channel or industry, or distribute them equally through the round robin method.
Your team will identify quality leads, decide who to assign them to, discover the right deals to follow up on, and exceed your revenue targets. Plus, you will get much better visibility of your sales pipeline.
- Lead Management – Capture leads, automate lead scoring, identify the ones that will convert, and follow up with context.
- Contact Management – Get real-time insights about your customers, engage with them and build strong relationships.
- Deal Management – Close more deals in less time. Know what stage a deal is currently in, and seize every opportunity.
- Account Management – Make selling easier by viewing a company’s potential deals, contacts, and tasks in one place.
Zoho CRM’s real-time feeds, chat, repository to share sales collateral, and centralized calendar make closing a deal easier for everyone.
- Document Library – Allow your reps access to the sales collateral that corresponds with their respective deals through a centralized repository.
- Gamescope – Add a bit of healthy competition to your team by awarding badges and trophies when each sales task is completed with Gamescope.
- Calendar – Zoho CRM contains an inbuilt calendar that syncs with other popular calendar applications, so you can execute all your CRM activities without missing a beat.
- Feeds – Keep your team updated through @mentions, geo-tag your in-person meetings, and share documents in Feeds- a centralized area for all CRM discussions.
- Project Management – Create projects, associate them with a contact or an account, and monitor the progress to closure—all inside Zoho CRM.
- Tagging – Make segmenting and searching for customer records more efficient through keyword tagging.
- Chat – Chat with your colleagues to share deal updates, reports, and dashboards. Follow-up reminders and notifications from SalesSignals help you respond to customers sooner.
- Events Integration – Set up web conferences and invite attendees from inside Zoho CRM. The video recording and attendee details are readily available to keep your team on the same page.
Get your marketing and sales team on the same page. Generate new leads, execute targeted email marketing campaigns, and compare ad spending to sales revenue with the Google Ads integration.
- Webforms – Easily capture every website visitor as a lead into your CRM, without having to write a single line of code.
- Campaigns – Keep track of each campaign. Set budgets, assign tasks to the right people, and run your campaign from start to finish within Zoho CRM.
- Google Ads – Know exactly how much you spend on each marketing campaign, while also knowing which one performed the best with the Google Ads integration.
- Trade Show Leads – The app scans your trade show lead information and auto-populates fields for you in your CRM, so you can follow up with ease
Your security is our first priority. We understand every organization must strike the right balance between protecting their customers’ data and giving employees the freedom to get their work done. Zoho CRM meets both of these requirements.
- Roles, Profiles, and Teams – Assign roles for users, define permissions, and control access to information in Zoho CRM.
- Data Security – With comprehensive data security features, protect both your data and your customers’ from unauthorized access.
- Business Hours – Set up business hours to control work schedules. Create up to 30 shifts and assign tasks for users, for different time zones and shift schedules.
Catalyst & Developer Tools
Build enterprise-grade apps with minimal effort. Zoho CRM’s enterprise cloud platform provides the right mix of
no-code, low-code, and high-level programming interfaces to develop seamless third-party integrations and white labelled industry-specific applications.
- REST API – Use Zoho CRM’s OAuth 2.0 authenticated REST API to create apps across platforms, or to integrate your CRM with any third-party service
- Widgets – Create tight integrations by embedding third-party apps inside your account. Work with multiple apps without leaving Zoho CRM.
- Developer Edition – Use a full-featured Developer Edition of Zoho CRM to get the expertise to handle even the most complex of CRM implementations.
- Serverless Code – Manage code without web infrastructure. Use Deluge scripting to write, test, and run serverless code from your Zoho CRM account.
- Web SDKs – Use Web SDKs to build very specific Zoho CRM Lite apps that cater to the requirements of users in different roles in an organization.
- Mobile SDKs – Powerful SDKs for iOS and Android enable you to build highly customized mobile applications that interact with your CRM data.
Stay on top of business everywhere, all the time with Zoho CRM Mobile Edition. Be better informed, stay connected to clients and colleagues, and react to fast-moving changes wherever you are.
- Mobile CRM App – Your time is valuable, let your phone do the leg work. Locate leads, schedule meetings and close more deals. (Both Android and iOS)
- Card Scanner – Say goodbye to the old binder of business cards. Effortlessly digitize and start saving them right to your phone.
The cost of Zoho CRM ranges from $12 per user per month to $35 per user per month. There is a nice free plan that will let you check things out. In fact, for some folks, the free version will work be all that they need! For complete details, see:
Of course, Zoho CRM is included in the Zoho One Suite!
For a proper demo of this CRM solution:
For a proper demo of this CRM solution, please contact the company directly. Or, just try the free version! See:
Rich’s View of Zoho CRM:
To instantly view the complete In-Depth Review of this CRM solution, download the Kindle version from our page at Amazon.com (Coming soon!)!
This review is undergoing a major update and should be available real soon now!
Go ahead, get a second opinion!
I have never claimed to be the only source of CRM software reviews. If you would like an alternative view of this CRM solution, here are some links that you can visit. However, if you are looking for totally independent, no BS! CRM reviews, I will look forward to working with you when you get back to my site!
If you are considering this program, you should also look at these other CRM solutions:
Rich’s Recommended Web Sites:
Rich’s Recommended Reads:
Still have questions about Zoho CRM? Just leave a comment below!