This post was most recently updated on August 28th, 2020
Last Updated on 2 months by RichBohn
This CRM Review examines Nimble
In-Depth CRM Review
|3122 Santa Monica Boulevard, Suite 302|
|Santa Monica, CA 90404-2511|
|CRM Taxonomy:||Cloud CRM|
|Sub-Category:||Contact Manager/Social Selling|
About the Company:
Great innovations spring from great needs. Twenty years ago, Jon Ferrara understood that businesses needed more efficient ways of getting and staying connected to their customers in order to succeed and grow. That simple idea led him to co-found GoldMine Software, which grew to become a world leader in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) space.
Today, business has changed. With the advent of social media, email, IM, text messages and more, businesses are overwhelmed by the myriad applications needed to listen to and engage with their customers. The question is no longer how to stay connected – but how to efficiently and cost-effectively build business relationships given multiple communication channels. From that new need sprang Jon Ferrara’s latest innovation: Nimble Contact.
After two years of development and feedback from thousands of real world users, Nimble Contact has emerged as the next evolution in relationship management – the only web-based solution that brings together all of your contacts, calendar, communications and collaborations in one simple, free platform.
Nimble Contact’s core benefit lies in its ability to unify email, calendar activities and the most popular social channels (LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter), and automatically link this functionality to business contacts. Instead of jumping from application to application, small businesses now have one solution that can help them find individuals relevant to their business – no matter where they are on the Web — listen and engage with those individuals in any number of ways, and build relationships that can lead to opportunity.
The business world has taken note. When it was in private beta, Nimble Contact received kudos from industry thought leaders who immediately understood its value, including Gerhard Gschwandtner, Editor, Selling Power Magazine, who said, “Nimble is a visionary product. Finally, someone has figured out Social CRM and made it simple, fun and efficient. I predict that Nimble will leapfrog all traditional CRM solutions.”
Nimble Contact was also recently named to “The CRM Watchlist 2012” by Social CRM expert and best-selling author, Paul Greenberg. Nimble was one of only seven companies selected by ZDNet for the “Social Mainstream” category from a field of nearly 130 companies. In addition, Nimble Contact was recently awarded the coveted Willy for “Best Social CRM” presented by industry veteran, Rich Bohn, as well as PC Magazine’s “Editors’ Choice” and a Gartner “Cool Vendor” designation. Last but not least, Nimble was awarded “DEMO God” at the popular launch pad for startups sponsored by IDG last year.
About the Product:
According to Jon Ferrara, Founder and CEO, we created Nimble after recognizing that many existing CRM products had become complex and cumbersome. Other CRM systems offer a poor User Experience for the individual users that need an easy way to manage the immense power of social media for business. With the explosion of social media, the way we communicate with each other has evolved, and yet business needs stay the same. Now more than ever before, relationships drive business success — friends, family, classmates, colleagues, partners, prospects, customers, and even complete strangers can positively impact sales in a small business. Those same individuals are talking amongst themselves in countless places on the Web about what companies they like and what products they are going to buy. Traditional relationship building models need to expand to include social channels, and Nimble allows its users to nurture their relationships without having to go to 15 places to communicate and manage contacts.
Relationship Management – Nimble Makes it Easy and Fun to Prospect Better, Smarter, Faster.
- Everything You Need in a CRM – Get the key benefits of Enterprise CRM to grow your business without the cost and complexity. Nimble delivers Contact Management, Sales and Marketing automation, people and company business intelligence, social listening and engagement and mobile/browser apps.
- The Smarter Way to Start Your Day – Every professional needs a dashboard that provides relationship insights and history about the prospects and customers who matter most. Quickly scan your Sales Pipeline, Calendar Appointments, Tasks, Sales Intelligence and Social Signals to track priorities and work effectively.
- Less Data Entry Equals More Customers With Less Work – Spend more time engaging your customers and less time logging CRM data. Nimble automatically syncs your team’s Google Apps or Office 365 contacts, calendars, email and social interactions to give you the most accurate and current information.
- Find People with Smart Social Search & Segmentation – Nimble is the first CRM that updates contacts with the information you need: company name, title, location, experience, education, shared relationships, mutual interests and more. We add social profile links for all of your contacts and companies to help you find critical details to allow you to take action
- Smart Agenda & Activities – Nimble makes it easy to manage your tasks and calendar events. Relate events and tasks to contact and companies or delegate to other team members to know when they’ve followed up with a critical customer.
Turn Relationships Into Revenue
- Sales Intelligence – Business intelligence is critical for your sales success because it helps you identify which contacts and companies to connect with. Nimble will save you time by delivering sales intelligence to every contact with the people and company details you need to be prepared. Details include industry, company size, location, employee count, revenue and more to help target the right companies.
- Discover & Qualify Prospects – Your contact data comes from all over and it’s tough to keep everything up to date. Our Prospector feature uses AI to complete and update contacts with the latest email, phone number, location, title and company. Prospector is available in our Smart Contacts App or our Nimble Web App
- Intelligent Email Tracking – Nimble tracks your message opens and clicks to help you know exactly when your contacts interact with your outreach, making it easier to identify your hottest prospects. See desktop notifications and detailed analytics on the # of times a contact has opened or clicked on your message without leaving your Gmail inbox.
- Pipeline Management – Empower your sales team with our clean and simple deal pipeline. Nimble automatically ties your team’s tasks, events, and communications to each deal to ensure everyone is on the same page with each of your opportunities.
- Sales Forecasting & Analytics – It’s easy to keep your finger on the pulse of your sales team with our deal forecasting and pipeline analytics. Check out your team’s historical or projected revenue, and let us inform you about deals that need your attention.
- Group Email Marketing – Our Group Messaging enables you to send personalized group emails with tracking, analytics and reporting from your personal business email identity, not a generic marketing alias. This ensures that all your outreach appears as a sincere one-to-one conversation rather than a mass email blast, resulting in better opens and clicks.
Social Relationships Made Easy
- Social Profile Matching and Enrichment – Nimble helps you save time by matching social profiles for your contacts and companies and then automatically enriching them with business and social details.
- Business Insights on People and Companies – Nimble delivers instant insights on people and companies by automatically building Live Profiles on anyone, anywhere. Whether you’re working in your email inbox or browsing the web, Nimble delivers contact profiles with essential details: who people are, where they work, where they are from, number of company employees, year founded, revenue, industry, CEO details, location, social profiles, contact info and more.
- Segment Prospects to Reach Out and Connect – After enriching people and companies with the detailed insights, Nimble lets you easily segment specific contacts to find the hottest prospects to take actions on like sending Group Email Messages and tagging for follow-up.
- Social Prospecting – Nimble delivers the context and insights you need to prospect smarter to grow your business. Use Nimble’s insights to help you add new prospects, everywhere you work. Nimble is optimized to work alongside your Office 365 and Google Apps inbox, and in the social networks you use to surface prospects, including Twitter, AngelList, Facebook, Google+, Foursquare, Instagram and more.
The Simple, Smart CRM for Office 365 – Nimble works for you in Microsoft Office, Dynamics, and everywhere you work.
- Live in Office 365? So does Nimble. – Nimble’s Outlook add-in lets you update contacts, access company and contact insights, and manage deals right from your inbox. No more tab surfing.
- Imagine a CRM that builds itself from your Office 365 data – Nimble works for you by automatically combining your Office 365 contacts, communication histories, email inboxes, and calendar appointments with over 140 SaaS business app contacts and social media connections (Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook) into one unified team relationship manager.
- Everything you need in a CRM – Nimble is your simple, smart CRM for Office 365 that works inside your Outlook inbox. It delivers actionable intelligence, team contact management, templated tracking, and pipeline management.
- Enjoy instant insights on people and companies – All you need is an email address or social handle and Nimble will do the rest. Find out who your key contacts are and what their businesses are about. Nimble delivers emails, locations, and phone numbers to help you build better relationships.
- Relationship management for teams – Nimble empowers your company to collaborate as a team with prospects and customers to grow your business. It’s ideal for individuals and teams transitioning from managing contacts and sales pipelines within spreadsheets, email or on scattered sticky notes.
- Grow your business faster with Nimble + Microsoft product family – Nimble not only works great with Office 365, it also works with Dynamics CRM by unifying Office 365 and Dynamic contacts. Access enriched contact records everywhere you engage with customers and teams– including your Outlook inbox (mobile and desktop), contacts, calendar, Skype, Teams, and Edge browser.
The CRM That Lives in Your Outlook
Nimble transforms your Outlook into a powerful CRM by delivering business insights, contact history, and task management, all without leaving your inbox.
- Bring your contacts together – Nimble unifies your contacts, email inboxes, calendars and social media connections into one unified relationship manager that works inside your Outlook inbox
- Learn about prospects, faster – Turn every contact into an opportunity. Nimble delivers instant insights of your contacts and their businesses in your Outlook by automatically building live profiles of who people are, where they work, contact numbers, and more.
- Keep your inbox organized – Need a better way to stay organized? Use Tags to segment your contacts based on business criteria and send targeted individual and group emails
Built for Outlook
Nimble is the Outlook CRM that works for you in your Office 365 inbox and calendar appointments, on Outlook Mobile, Outlook Desktop, and on every website.
Work Smarter Everywhere
- Nimble Smart Contacts App – Our browser Apps delivers the power of Nimble everywhere you work by providing relationship insights to help you take effective action inside your email inbox, social sites like LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, AngelList, Google+ and in any web browser app. The app automatically displays contact and company details and the teams complete communication history including emails, social interactions and messages, notes and calendar events for every contact in Nimble.
- Works with Google Apps and Office365 – Nimble works seamlessly with Google Apps and Office 365 to unify your email, calendar and social history into a simple smart CRM that powers everyone in your company to work as a team. Our Social Sales and Marketing features help identify, communicate and connect to grow your business.
- 100+ App Integrations – Extend the power of Nimble with over 100+ Integration Partners. Offering lead capture and analytics, email marketing support and more, Nimble’s add-ons give your business even more ways to close the marketing and sales loop.
Nimble Mobile CRM
Nimble Mobile CRM is a social sales and marketing CRM and pipeline manager for mobile teams and professionals. Access all your contacts from mobile, cloud-based and desktop records in one, comprehensive personal or team relationship manager. Nimble helps you prepare for meetings while on-the-go by delivering sales intelligence and detailed dossiers about people you’re meeting. It also enables you follow up and follow-through more efficiently across all deal stages using smaller, more portable devices.
The price for Nimble is $19 per user per month (when paid annually.) For complete pricing details, please see:
For a proper demo of this CRM solution:
For a proper demo of this CRM solution, please try the free 14-day trial.
Rich’s View of Nimble:
To instantly view the complete In-Depth Review of this CRM solution, download the Kindle version from our page at Amazon.com (Coming soon!)!
I love the new release of Nimble! Too many CRM solutions focus on collecting and counting arbitrary data deemed important some pinhead manager who never sold a day in their life! What makes Nimble CRM unique is that it’s squarely focused on relationship-building, empowering the whole company, not just sales people, to communicate effectively with all the requisite context and social insights they need to engage at their fingertips. This review is undergoing a major update for this 5.0 release and will be available real soon now!
Go ahead, get a second opinion!
I have never claimed to be the only source of CRM software reviews. If you would like an alternative view of this CRM solution, here are some links that you can visit. However, if you are looking for totally independent, no BS! CRM reviews, I will look forward to working with you when you get back to my site!
If you are considering this program, you should also look at these other CRM solutions:
Rich’s Recommended Web Sites:
Extend Nimble with Powerful Add-On Products:
Still have questions about Nimble? Just leave a comment below!