This review was last updated by
This CRM Review examines Zoho Docs
In-Depth CRM Review
|Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd.|
|4141 Hacienda Drive|
|Pleasanton, CA 94588-8566|
|CRM Taxonomy:||CRM – Cloud|
|Sub-Category:||Online File Management|
|Seats:||Small Business/SMB/Small Enterprise|
About the Company:
The art of software.
Software is our craft and our passion. At Zoho, we create beautiful software to solve business problems. We believe that software is the ultimate product of the mind and the hands, so our products are forged by craftsmen, rather than churned out by machines.
But as much as we love building beautiful software, we think our people and company culture are our most important assets. Our engineers spend years mastering their craft, bringing together decades of engineering expertise to produce a real work of art. When you choose Zoho, you get more than just a single product or a tightly integrated suite. You get our commitment to continuous refinement and to improving your experience. And you get our relentless devotion to your satisfaction.
A focus on what matters.
Zoho is committed to spending your money wisely. We invest more in product development and customer support than in sales and marketing. It always struck us as paradoxical to charge the customer extra for the privilege of marketing back to them. By keeping our cost of attracting customers low, we keep our prices affordable and pass the savings onto our users. We’re gentle in our sales approach, so we don’t push our people to push you. You won’t find us trying to endlessly upsell you, or buying your loyalty through multi-year contracts. And with growth that regularly outstrips our competitors, we know that this model works.
A private company with – a public vision.
We’ve stayed private and we’ve never taken other people’s money. Neither will change. This keeps us independent and beholden to only the customer, permitting a long term view to naturally unfold. We are private, but far from small. With nearly 5,000 employees across the globe, our style of unconventional thinking seems to have paid off. Our investment in people is a vital part of our R&D edge. We have a comprehensive program to hire high school students and train them – a program we call Zoho University. Over 15% of our engineers come from this program. Not only is the program good for our company, it is also good for the communities we live in.
Free from prying eyes.
The decision to value customer privacy isn’t one you make after watching which way the wind blows. It must stem from prior belief, perhaps even dogma. This is exactly why we made the decision more than two decades ago that we weren’t going to sell ads inside our products, not even within the free editions. We’re not interested in tracking your clicks to feed the marketing monster. We will make our money the traditional way—bringing you valuable software that you are happy to pay us for. So why did we make this choice to put privacy first? Simple. We valued our privacy; we figured you would, too. And that’s why we’ve prided ourselves on being ahead of the curve when it comes to government regulations about privacy; we don’t need to be told what good business should look like.
A product to meet every need.
Over the years, we’ve crafted dozens of products with equal fervor. Now they are even available under one single integrated suite, Zoho One, that can put a business completely on the cloud. Unlike our competitors, who periodically wake up to discover gaping product holes that they must now fill urgently with acquisitions to reassure their shareholders, we craft our portfolio with patience and anticipation. Our strategy is born from the realization that the vast majority of acquisitions fail, and it’s the customer that pays the price. Many of our products were developed to meet our own needs—for Zoho itself runs entirely on Zoho. This means our software often must fail us, before it can fail you.
About the Product:
Online file management for teams and individuals
Bring your team to a secure and collaborative workspace where everything is available to everyone in real time. Create, collaborate, and get work done, securely.
Store everything online.
From documents to images, spreadsheets to presentations, and even your music, movies, and pictures, carry all your files with you wherever you go. With everything stored in a centralized location, now you can conveniently share your files with your friends and colleagues.
- Virtual Drive – It doesn’t take much to move your work online —in fact, it’s free! Start with 5 GB of free storage. Stop carrying a flash drive around and store your data in the cloud.
- Sync – Sync from your Windows, Mac, or Ubuntu Linux computers to the cloud and vice-versa without any trouble. Find your latest files on any computer, both on and offline.
- Organize – Find the information right when you need it. Categorize files by project, file type, and author. Organize them under folders and sub-folders.
Zoho Docs + Zoho Office Suite
Write and edit documents online with our built-in Zoho Office editors. Save and share your documents, spreadsheets, and presentations without fear of data snooping from third-party installations.
- Writer – Create and share documents such as HR policies, meeting minutes, etc., using Zoho Writer. Publish your work directly as HTML or export to WordPress.
- Sheet – Analyse month end sales figures with Zoho Sheet. Use vibrant graphs, charts and pivot tables to get meaningful insights.
- Show – Build a quick product pitch with Zoho Show. Embed videos, images and tweets for interactive presentations. Broadcast and present to audience across the globe.
Your secure file cabinet
Get started with Zoho Docs right away and always be in control of it. Make distances immaterial by easily sharing and collaborating on files. With Zoho Docs, security is always at the heart of file management.
- Setup and Admin Controls. – Simplify the process of setting up your file management software. As an administrator, you can customize your system to suit the organizational policies, and be in control of information of users and user permissions alike.
- Collaborate to innovate. – Make active collaboration happen in real time, all the time. Give your team the ability to effectively coordinate and accomplish tasks with Zoho Docs. Enhance productivity by including remote workers in everyday operations.
- A safe storage solution. – Move, store, or share your files with confidence. Your data is encrypted at many levels, from the moment it is created to the time it is shared to others. Zoho also complies with security standards such as SOC 2 Type II and ISO 27001.
Zoho Docs for every device.
The cost of Zoho Docs is $4 per user per month (billed annually).
Of course, Zoho Docs is included in the Zoho One Suite!
For a proper demo of this CRM solution:
For a proper demo of this CRM solution, just try the free version!
Rich’s View of Zoho Docs:
To instantly view the complete In-Depth Review of this CRM solution, download the Kindle version from our page at Amazon.com (Coming soon!)!
This review is undergoing a major update and should be available real soon now!
Go ahead, get a second opinion!
I have never claimed to be the only source of CRM software reviews. If you would like an alternative view of this CRM solution, here are some links that you can visit. However, if you are looking for totally independent, no BS! CRM reviews, I will look forward to working with you when you get back to my site!
If you are considering this program, you should also look at these other CRM solutions:
Rich’s Recommended Web Sites:
Still have questions about Zoho Docs? Just leave a comment below!