This review was last updated
This CRM Review examines TeamScope CRM™ for Outlook®.
In-Depth CRM Review
TeamScope Software, Inc.
23679 Calabasas Road
Calabasas, CA 91302-1502
CRM Category: Strategic Solution – Cloud/On-Premise
Sub-Category: Contact Manager/Outlook Based
Seats: Small Business/Mid-Market
About the Company:
TeamScope Software develops and markets CRM and other collaboration software based on Microsoft’s Outlook and Exchange Server technology. Utilizing the advanced data integration and communication capabilities of these key Microsoft platforms, TeamScope creates products that accelerate business processes and dramatically enhance individual and group productivity.
Fundamentally, TeamScope’s software products augment and extend Outlook and Exchange to supply dedicated business solutions for broad classes of business needs, such as Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and business process workflow control.
TeamScope was founded in 1999 by software industry veterans Phil Seeman and Paul Woodworth. The founding principle of the company is to make work easier to do and to increase management effectiveness in daily business operations. While many software products offered in the market today are installed as separate applications, TeamScope’s unique approach is to create advances within the Outlook/Exchange environment itself. By doing the extra work to tightly integrate these systems, TeamScope solutions streamline any business function that incorporates email communication, contact management, or task coordination.
About the Product:
Your team works in Outlook — all day, every day. Outlook stores your contacts, your calendar, your e-mail, and your to-do list, but it’s a struggle to get these features to work together! Maybe you’ve tried to use a separate software product for contact management while continuing to use Outlook for everyday e-mail, only to discover the synchronization problems and headaches of maintaining multiple databases.
With OutlookCRM™ you never have to leave Outlook. This means no synchronization process, no external database headaches, and no problems when working offline. Every contact you make, every activity you perform, every task you assign is automatically available in Outlook. This is because OutlookCRM works fully within Outlook, storing all customer information in the Outlook Contact, Task, Appointment and Journal entries you use every day.
TeamScope CRM Works the way you want with Automatic E-mail Processing
- OutlookCRM fully integrates with Outlook’s e-mail features, so you do not have to change how you use Outlook! Now, when you send an e-mail, OutlookCRM automatically asks if you want to share the message with your team through the central OutlookCRM folders.
- Share all of your team’s Sent Items in E-mail History
- A full and exact copy of each e-mail is stored in OutlookCRM’s new E-Mail History folder. This public folder functions like your own personal Sent Items folder, but shows all messages for your entire team, with each individually linked to its primary Contact and Company records.
See all activities at a glance
The View Activities feature has been improved so you can now instantly see all appointments, tasks, e-mails and phone journals for a Contact or Company with the single click of a toolbar button.
See all linked items at a glance
The new Linked Items tab on the OutlookCRM Contact and Company forms brings the power of your Outlook Views to each contact record. You can see all the e-mails, tasks, appointments, and phone calls for a Contact or Company directly from the form.
TeamScope CRM Secure Workgroups
Used in conjunction with Exchange public folder security, this feature allows you to establish several independent workgroups so that unauthorized users in one group cannot see information in the others.
Optional TeamWork workflow integration
Create customer support tickets, purchase orders and other workflow-enabled tasks directly from OutlookCRM. TeamWork tasks are automatically linked to the appropriate Contact and Company records and are easily accessible via the View Activities and Linked Items features.
What’s in TeamScope CRM™ for Outlook® 6.0
Here is just a sample of the many features that you will find in TeamScope CRM™ for Outlook® 6.0:
- Automatic E-mail Processing – TeamScope CRM™ for Outlook® 6.0 fully integrates with Outlook’s e-mail features, so you do not have to change how you use Outlook! With TeamScope CRM, when you send an e-mail, TeamScope CRM™ for Outlook® automatically asks if you want to share the message with your team through the central TeamScope CRM™ for Outlook® folders.
- Shared E-mail History folder – A full and exact copy of each e-mail is stored in the new TeamScope CRM™ for Outlook® E-Mail History folder. This public folder functions like your own personal Sent Items folder, but shows all messages for your entire team, with each individually linked to its primary Contact and Company records.
- Synchronization with your PDA or mobile phone – By automatically synchronizing customer information stored in the TeamScope CRM folders with your Personal Folders in Outlook, you can use the synchronization software provided included with your PDA or mobile phone to maintain your CRM information when you are on the go.
- Opportunity Manager – TeamScope CRM provides a powerful set of tools to easily manage relationships between various items in Outlook, relationships that form the foundation of Opportunity or Project Management. These relationships are available across all levels in Outlook and can be tailored to suit your needs.
- Outlook Cached Mode support – You can have offline performance with online updates via Outlook’s Cached Exchange Mode and your TeamScope CRM™ for Outlook® public folders. Using this new mode, TeamScope CRM™ for Outlook® is currently supporting thousands of simultaneous distributed users – a truly scalable CRM solution!
- Secure Workgroups – Used in conjunction with Exchange public folder security, this feature allows you to establish several independent workgroups so that unauthorized users in one group cannot see information in the others.
- Custom forms for many business processes – TeamScope CRM 6.0 includes many sample custom forms including forms for customer service requests, purchase orders, document review and vacation requests. These forms can also be workflow-enabled through TeamScope’s optional TeamWork Workflow™ product.
- Mail Merge – You can send e-mails to thousands with TeamScope CRM 6.0’s Mail Merge feature, without leaving Outlook!
For complete pricing details, please see:
For a proper demo of this CRM solution:
For a proper demo of this CRM solution, please see:
Rich’s Video Highlights of this CRM solution:
Rich’s View of TeamScope CRM™ for Outlook®:
To instantly view the complete In-Depth Review of this CRM solution, download the Kindle version from our page at Amazon.com!
This review is undergoing a major update and should be available real soon now!
Go ahead, Get a second opinion!
I have never claimed to be the only source of CRM software reviews. If you would like an alternative view of this CRM solution, here are some links that you can visit. However, if you are looking for totally independent, no BS! CRM reviews, I will look forward to working with you when you get back to my site!
If you are considering this program, you should also look at these other CRM solutions:
Rich’s Recommended Web Sites
Rich’s Recommended Reads