Last Updated on 7 years by RichBohn
This CRM Review examines SplendidCRM.
In-Depth CRM Review
SplendidCRM Software, Inc.
705 Laurel Bay Lane
Holly Springs, NC 27540-8741
CRM Category: Strategic Solution – Open Source
Sub-Category: Contact Manager/Sales Force Automation
Seats: Small Business/Mid Market
About the Company:
Founded in 2005, SplendidCRM Software provides a Microsoft-centric open-source Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application that enables users to leverage their existing Microsoft infrastructure. Recently SplendidCRM was named a recipient of 2009 and 2010 CRM Market Awards as a Leader by CRM magazine. The company is located in the Research Triangle, North Carolina, and is privately held.
About the Product:
Key Features of SplendidCRM
Apple iCloud Synchronization
- CRM Contacts are bi-directionally synchronized with iCloud Contacts.
- CRM Calls and Meetings bi-directionally synchronized with iCloud Calendar.
HTML5 Offline Client
- The new offline client provides access to the data on tablets such as the iPad or the Android.
- The offline client can view, edit and create records while online or while offline without the need to install software.
- The new charting module provides a quick way to create column, bar, line and pie charts.
- Charts can be created online or created using the Microsoft Report Builder.
- HTML5 Charts leverage jQuery and jqPlot.
- The new browser extensions make it easy to archive Gmail messages to SplendidCRM.
- The browser extensions allow account, contact or leads to be quick created in the CRM.
- Browser extensions created for Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Opera.
Report Parameters Prompt
- SplendidCRM now prompts for report parameters. In previous versions, the report parameters needed to be provided in the URL. The prompt is also provided when the report is added as a dashlet.
Mail-Merge with Word Plug-in
- SplendidCRM supports Mail-Merge using a Word Plug-in. The plug-in is an important tool as it makes it easy to add CRM fields to a document. Once the document is formatted properly, the plug-in is used to upload the document to the CRM.
Google Apps Sync
- Enabling Google Apps Synchronization makes it easy to ensure that all your users have the latest contact and appointment information at their fingertips.
- A new Rules Wizard provides a simple way to modify a collection of records within a module. Rules can be applied in an If-Then-Else construct using a simple programming language.
- A new Business Rules Engine allows an administrator to apply rules to EditView, DetailView GridView and layouts. The rules can be applied prior to the form rendering to initialize values and rules can be applied during the save operation to validate the field data.
- A new Report Rules Engine allows rules to be applied to reports prior to rendering to allow for calculated fields.
- Reports can now be added as a Dashlet on the home page. Reports with embedded charts can also be included. To add a report to the home page, you simply click the Add As Dashlet link in the Reports List.
Report as Attachment
- One of our most requested Professional features is the ability to send a report as an attachment. This allows a Quote, Order or Invoice to be easily sent as an attachment to a contact in the CRM.
Exchange 2007/2010 Synchronization
- This server-to-server approach to synchronizing the CRM with Exchange Server 2007/2010 is the most efficient and easiest way to ensure that critical business emails get into the CRM.
- In addition to synchronizing contacts and appointments, SplendidCRM will create drop folders that simplify the process of archiving an email in the CRM.
- When in a popup and searching for an Account, you can now create a new account without leaving the popup. When viewing the details of an Account, you can now create a new Contact without leaving the Account.
Optimized for the Cloud
SplendidCRM has been optimized to run on the Microsoft Windows Azure platform and the Microsoft SQL Azure database. Try out our demo at http://splendidcrm7.cloudapp.net. Use will/will to login.
Enhanced Windows support
All versions of SplendidCRM have been tested on the latest Microsoft operating systems, including:
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Azure
All versions of SplendidCRM have been tested using the latest Microsoft database servers, including:
- SQL Server 2008 R2
- SQL Azure
For complete pricing details, please contact the company directly.
Rich’s View of SplendidCRM:
To instantly view the complete In-Depth Review of this CRM solution, download the Kindle version from our page at Amazon.com!
This review is undergoing a major update and should be available real soon now!
Go ahead, Get a second opinion!
I have never claimed to be the only source of CRM software reviews. If you would like an alternative view of this CRM solution, here are some links that you can visit. However, if you are looking for totally independent, no BS! CRM reviews, I will look forward to working with you when you get back to my site!
Sorry, I have yet to find an independent review of this solution.
If you are considering this program, you should also look at these other CRM solutions:
- Coming Soon!
Rich’s Recommended Web Sites
Rich’s Recommended Reads