This post was most recently updated on July 18th, 2013
Last Updated on 7 years by RichBohn
This CRM Review examines SlideShare.
In-Depth CRM Review
1 Montgomery Street
San Francisco, CA 94104-4550
CRM Category: Field Sales Support – Cloud
Sub-Category: Sales Presentations
Seats: Small Business
About the Company:
SlideShare is the world’s largest community for sharing presentations. With 60 million monthly visitors and 130 million pageviews, it is amongst the most visited 200 websites in the world. Besides presentations, SlideShare also supports documents, PDFs, videos and webinars.
SlideShare is headquartered in San Francisco, and has an office in New Delhi.
- Founded in October-2006
- Current employees: 55
- Monthly visitors: 51.6 Million (comScore Nov 2012)
- Monthly pageviews: 159 Million (comScore Nov 2012)
- Our first servers: Ash, Dia, Celina, Bipasha (named after Indian movie stars)
- Exact Google search for “I love SlideShare”: 40500 results
- # of presentations tagged “social media”: 51853
- Google Hangouts
About the Product:
SlideShare features a vibrant professional and educational community that regularly comments, favorites and downloads content. SlideShare content spreads virally through blogs and social networks such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. Individuals & organizations upload documents to SlideShare to share ideas, conduct research, connect with others, and generate leads for their businesses. Anyone can view presentations & documents on topics that interest them, download them and reuse or remix for their own work.
Some points of note:
- SlideShare was recently voted amongst the World’s Top 10 tools for education & elearning.
- In 2009, the official website for the US President (Whitehouse.gov) signed user agreements with eight of the world’s leading social media websites. SlideShare was one of them. SlideShare is regularly used by the Whitehouse and many other US govt departments.
- SlideShare finds reference in hundreds of published books on internet, Web 2.0, technology (search “slideshare” on Google books)
- Our CEO Rashmi Sinha was recently named amongst the worlds Top 10 Women Influencers in Web 2.0 by FastCompany.
Some things that you can do on SlideShare
- Upload presentations publicly or privately
- Download presentations on any topic and reuse or remix
- Embed on blogs, websites, company intranets
- Share on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Zipcast: free, no download, 1 click web meetings
- Leadshare: generate business leads with your presentations, documents, pdfs, videos
- Slidecast: sync mp3 audio with slides to create a webinar
- Embed YouTube videos inside SlideShare presentations
- Use SlideShare PRO for premium features like branded channels, analytics, ad free pages etc
SlideShare — The Sharing Platform
SlideShare is the best way to get your slides out there on the web, so your ideas can be found and shared by a wide audience. Do you want to get the word out about your product or service? Do you want your slides to reach people who could not make it to your talk? Are you a teacher looking to share your lesson plans? It only takes a moment – start uploading now, and let your slides do the talking. The world will take notice.
For complete pricing details, please contact the company directly.
For a proper demo of this CRM solution:
For a proper demo of this CRM solution, please contact the company directly.
Rich’s View of SlideShare:
To instantly view the complete In-Depth Review of this CRM solution, download the Kindle version from our page at Amazon.com!
This review is undergoing a major update and should be available real soon now!
Go ahead, Get a second opinion!
I have never claimed to be the only source of CRM software reviews. If you would like an alternative view of this CRM solution, here are some links that you can visit. However, if you are looking for totally independent, no BS! CRM reviews, I will look forward to working with you when you get back to my site!
Sorry, I have yet to find an independent review of this solution.
If you are considering this program, you should also look at these other CRM solutions:
- Coming Soon!
Rich’s Recommended Web Sites
Rich’s Recommended Reads