This review was last updated
This CRM Review examines SEplanit.
In-Depth CRM Review
Technical Selling Enterprises, LLC
6 Old Meadow Lane
Acton, MA 01720-5304
CRM Category: Sales Management Support – Cloud
Sub-Category: Opportunity Management
Seats: Small Enterprise
About the Company:
Technical Selling Enterprises LLC (salesengineering.com) was founded in 1997 to address the lack of available services and products specifically for Sales Engineers. Actually, we’ve run across a dozen or so titles for the role – Application Engineer, Systems Engineer, Pre-Sales Consultant, Pre-Sales Support Specialist – any combination of prefix and suffix will do.
Our organization is an international company of highly seasoned and skilled ex-sales and sales engineering executives, managers, and senior contributors.
The framework published on this site presents Sales Engineering improvement Solutions. Our offerings have been delivered to Customersinternationally in nearly 50 countries to thousands of SEs. Companies range from multi-billion dollar international corporations to small start-ups. Our commitment to the highest quality of service is demonstrated in several Testimonials available for you to browse.
- We envision a world where Sales Engineers are forgotten no more
- We envision Pre-Sales Engineering as a well-defined discipline
- We envision a thriving community of Sales Engineers
- We envision a world where SEs are empowered with the services and products required to do their job effectively and repeatedly
- We envision bridging the gap for SEs between any standard sales methodology (e.g. Miller-Heiman, Solution Selling, The TAS Group, etc.) and any Sales Force Automation product (Siebel, salesforce.com, etc.)
About the Product:
Part of salesengineering.com’s mission is to fill a long standing void by providing productivity tools specifically designed for Sales Engineers. The products facilitate improved communication, collaboration, and productivity within the Sales Engineering team environment.
SEstart, SE Technical Account Review Tool
SEstart is a Microsoft Excel® tool that helps SEs begin their field implementation of a Solution Sales Process by reinforcing best practices and engineering principles in the solution sale. SEstart facilitates technical opportunity planning (TOP) review and communication between the SE and their peers, sales reps, and management.
Key aspects of the SE’s deal analysis in SEstart includes:
- Prioritizing technical issues and risks
- Prioritizing Stakeholders based on their infuence and power in the deal
- Ensuring we know the correct Solution Decision Maker (SDM)
- Ensuring thorough and consistent Qualification using a scoring system to assess the level of risk present in the deal
- Developing a Technical Closure Project Plan with a timeline to visually see where your time is going
SEstart supports a Solution Sales Process which is:
- Efficient : SEs develop plans to achieve fast Solution Closure
- Consistency : Everybody uses the same process, content, and format
- Collaboration : SEs share solution sales intelligence, and teams of SEs strategize on large critical deals
- Scalable : SEs manage small to large deals having dozens of contacts
- Repeatable : SEs “turn the crank” with a structured process
- Forecastable : With practice, solution closure times become accurate
- Measurable : SE Managers can manage to key pre-sales metrics such as funnel quality and size, solution closure time, and solution win rate
For a Free Download of SEstart go to the Contact Us page and select the Download SEstart topic. You will be sent an email to a page with links to SEstart and a sample of SEstart filled in.
[For your cyber-safety, the SEstart .xls contains no macros and no add-ins.]
For complete pricing details, please contact the company directly.
For a proper demo of this CRM solution:
For a proper demo of this CRM solution, please contact the company directly.
Rich’s View of SEplanit:
To instantly view the complete In-Depth Review of this CRM solution, download the Kindle version from our page at Amazon.com!
This review is undergoing a major update and should be available real soon now!
Go ahead, Get a second opinion!
I have never claimed to be the only source of CRM software reviews. If you would like an alternative view of this CRM solution, here are some links that you can visit. However, if you are looking for totally independent, no BS! CRM reviews, I will look forward to working with you when you get back to my site!
Sorry, I have yet to find an independent review of this solution.
If you are considering this program, you should also look at these other CRM solutions:
- Coming Soon!
Rich’s Recommended Web Sites
Rich’s Recommended Reads
O.K., full disclosure, Andy Zoltners was a professor of mine at Northwestern. Sure, I still like the guy. But these are great books. I wish that I had them when I was a sales manager!