This review was last updated by
This CRM Review examines Pardot.
In-Depth CRM Review
Exact Target, Inc.
950 E. Paces Ferry Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30326-1391
CRM Category: Marketing Support – Cloud
Sub-Category: Marketing Automation/Email Marketing/Lead Management/Social CRM
Breaking News: Salesforce To Buy ExactTarget for $2.5 Billion
For further details, see: http://www.forbes.com/sites/bruceupbin/2013/06/04/salesforce-to-buy-exacttarget-for-2-5-billion/
About the Company:
ExactTarget is an email marketing and interactive marketing provider headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. The publicly owned company was founded in December 2000 by Scott Dorsey, Chris Baggott, and Peter McCormick, for an initial investment of $200,000.
ExactTarget provides on-demand software for permission-based email marketing, mobile marketing and social media marketing. They provide software as a service (SaaS). ExactTarget sells their software directly to the end user – typically a corporate marketing department – or through a reseller network.
For more than a decade, it’s been our mission to serve and inspire marketers of all industries and organizational sizes by helping them better communicate with their customers. Marketers at our core, we’ve always believed in the power of relevant and targeted marketing communications. It’s in our DNA. It’s who we are. Simply put, we are markETing.
In our founding days, we revolutionized how marketers built customer relationships using email. Today, we’re again transforming how businesses connect with their consumers using data-driven digital marketing across all channels, at scale.
But that doesn’t mean our approach has changed. While we’re fortunate to be the global marketing SaaS leader, the same entrepreneurial spirit, innovative technology, and commitment to client success—fondly known as our “Orange” culture—drive us today as they did back then.
What does it mean to be Orange? It means we recruit highly-motivated, creative self-starters and that we’re inspired to create our own destiny, as opposed to following in the footsteps of others. We also live by eight core values that date back to our founding days, which include being easy to do business with and making clients look like heroes. Giving back is also a large part of who we are. Learn how the ExactTarget Foundation has been working to fuel hunger relief, education, and entrepreneurship since 2011.
From the paint on our office walls to the smiles on our employees’ faces, we’re committed to helping the world’s best brands achieve phenomenal business results. And as technology evolves and mediums change, no one better understands the challenges you face. We’re marketers too, and we believe we’re uniquely equipped to help you.
ExactTarget (ET) is traded on the NYSE.
About the Product:
Meet Pardot Marketing Automation
Introducing the full-featured marketing automation system that’s easy to use. Pardot’s platform features CRM integration, email marketing, lead nurturing, lead scoring and grading, social posting, and ROI reporting to help marketing and sales teams work together to generate and qualify sales leads, shorten sales cycles, and demonstrate marketing accountability.
X-Ray Vision for Your Sales Team
Your sales team’s time is valuable. Give them the tools they need to pursue only the hottest leads.
- Real-time sales alerts make immediate follow-up a cinch.
- CRM integrations with Salesforce.com, SugarCRM, Netsuite, and Microsoft Dynamics CRM put everything all in one place. No need to jump between multiple apps.
- Prospect tracking & analytics lets sales reps speak to what’s most relevant to each prospect.
- Pardot’s blended lead scoring and grading model means sales reps won’t waste time chasing down dead ends. Follow up with only those meeting your ideal customer profile.
- The Data.com connector allows reps to see a prospect’s company, industry, state, and more.
Simplified Lead Management
Use lead scoring and grading, prospect tracking, and lead nurturing to ensure that the right leads go to the right reps at the right time.
- Increase lead quality with Pardot’s blended lead scoring and grading model.
- Give sales the talking points they need with detailed prospect tracking and analytics.
- Free up time to focus on sales-ready leads by placing cold or inactive leads on lead nurturing tracks.
- Smart lead capture forms make it easy to collect the information you need from your prospects.
- Automation reduces human error and takes the manual labor out of lead assignment, segmentation, and lead nurturing.
- Run more targeted campaigns using Pardot’s easy-to-use segmentation wizard.
Your clients and prospects maintain a constant presence on social media — why shouldn’t you?
- Save time and continually distribute your content with scheduled social postings.
- Provide sales reps additional insight with social profile lookups.
- Let others circulate your content for you by adding social “share” buttons to your email, blog posts, and white papers.
- Gain visibility into which prospects are interacting with your social content and at what point in the sales cycle.
- Post to multiple channels simultaneously, cross-sell your content, and track the success of your social efforts — from one all-inclusive platform.
Lead Generation That Works
Keep your pipeline fully stocked with a steady flow of high-quality leads using Pardot’s landing pages, form builders, and search connectors.
- Pardot’s intuitive WYSIWYG interface makes designing and launching landing pages and forms a snap. You no longer need to be an HTML expert to create attractive and engaging landing pages. Optimizing your landing page is also a breeze with automated Multivariate Testing.
- Create polished forms with real-time field validation and Progressive Profiling designed to increase conversions by never asking for the same information twice.
- Connect all of your Search Campaigns on one cohesive platform. Manage your campaigns and track your conversions directly from Pardot.
Powerful Email Marketing
Email is the heart of your online marketing, so make sure you’re getting the most from your efforts with our powerful email tools.
- Create professional-looking eblasts fast with our 36 customizable, out-of-the-box templates.
- Build your own fully-branded templates (from headers and logos to font size and color) with our simplified WYSIWYG editor — no IT knowledge needed!
- Personalize the buyer’s journey and tailor your emails to prospects’ interests with dynamic content.
- Optimize deliverability with custom email authentication, SPAM analysis, email testing, and automated CAN-SPAM compliance.
The FYI on ROI
Pardot’s powerful reporting and analytics functionalities allow marketers to finally discover the true ROI of their marketing efforts, leading to greater marketing accountability.
- Tie each closed deal back to its original source with closed-loop reporting.
- Use the Google Analytics Connector to sync visitor and prospect data between Pardot and your CRM.
- Get a high-level view of your sales cycle’s health with Lifecycle Reporting.
- Monitor the performance of your paid search campaigns with Pardot’s paid search reporting.
- Gain greater insight into your email open rates, deliverability rates, email client and browser usage, read rates, and more with advanced email reporting.
For complete pricing details, please see:
For a proper demo of this CRM solution:
For a proper demo of this CRM solution, please contact the company directly.
Rich’s View of Pardot:
To instantly view the complete In-Depth Review of this CRM solution, download the Kindle version from our page at Amazon.com!
This review is undergoing a major update and should be available real soon now!
Go ahead, Get a second opinion!
I have never claimed to be the only source of CRM software reviews. If you would like an alternative view of this CRM solution, here are some links that you can visit. However, if you are looking for totally independent, no BS! CRM reviews, I will look forward to working with you when you get back to my site!
Sorry, I have yet to find an independent review of this solution.
If you are considering this program, you should also look at these other CRM solutions:
- Coming Soon!
Rich’s Recommended Web Sites
Rich’s Recommended Reads