This review was last updated by
This CRM Review examines Opentaps CRM.
In-Depth CRM Review
CRM Category: Strategic Solution – Open Source
Sub-Category: Contact Manager/Sales Force Automation
Seats: Small Business/Mid Market
About the Company:
opentaps is sponsored by Open Source Strategies, Inc. and developed by full-time professional developers in conunction with a global community of partners and contributors. The word “opentaps” was originally an acronym for “Open Source Enterprise Applications Suite.”
About the Product:
Version 1.5 of opentaps Open Source ERP + CRM takes another step to make open source ERP + CRM easier to deploy and easier to develop. opentaps 1.5 is based on Apache OFBiz 10.04 and Tomcat 6.0.26. It introduces some key features to help you deploy opentaps more easily, including:
- Data importing module for importing legacy data through friendly user interface
- Base templates for setting up opentaps quickly and easily
opentaps 1.5 also introduces features to help you build independent modules for your customizations and enhancements, so you can manage your upgrades more easily:
- Store configuration parameters in database entities allows system administrators to change configuration
- Web user interface are now stored in database, allowing you to customize opentaps user interface or load new modules without code changes
- Controller injection allows you to add features to core opentaps applications through independent modules
Additional enhancements include:
- Upgrade to Apache Tomcat 6.0.26
- Upgrade to Apache Axis 2
- Integration with RBS Worldpay, Sage Payment, Chase Orbital Payment gateways
- Improved Google checkout integration
- Improved eBay and Google Base integration, including support for multi store
- Added web analytics support, with support for google and bing analytics.
- Additional translations including Hindi
- Support for multi-tenant databases
opentaps 1.5 supports cloud based deployments with the Amazon EC2 platform. See opentaps In The Cloud for details.
For complete pricing details, please contact the company directly.
Rich’s View of Opentaps CRM:
To instantly view the complete In-Depth Review of this CRM solution, download the Kindle version from our page at Amazon.com!
This review is undergoing a major update and should be available real soon now!
Go ahead, Get a second opinion!
I have never claimed to be the only source of CRM software reviews. If you would like an alternative view of this CRM solution, here are some links that you can visit. However, if you are looking for totally independent, no BS! CRM reviews, I will look forward to working with you when you get back to my site!
Sorry, I have yet to find an independent review of this solution.
If you are considering this program, you should also look at these other CRM solutions:
- Coming Soon!
Rich’s Recommended Web Sites
Rich’s Recommended Reads