This review was last updated by
This CRM Review examines Cargill Consulting Group.
In-Depth CRM Review
Cargill Consulting Group
Cargill Consulting Group, Inc.
8939 South Sepulveda Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90045-3647
CRM Category: Sales Management Support
Sub-Category: Sales Process Management/Structured Selling Methodology
Seats: Small Enterprise
About the Company:
Since 1978, Cargill Consulting Group has worked with over 5,000 business-to-business sales forces. We recognize that sales — in particular, sales management — is one of the least formally controlled components of most business organizations.
While there are a myriad of schools you can attend to learn how to become a marketing manager, there are none that offer a four-year diploma in sales management. That’s right, take a look around your organization.
How many of your managers have a diploma in sales management with expertise in how to recruit, hire, train, deploy, and coach their team to higher levels of proficiency? In all probability the answer to that question is few, if any.
Consequently, the sales organization traditionally underperforms all other departments within an organization, at least from the point of view of proficiency and productivity.
In the mid ’80s, I discovered that the sales process used by most business-to-business sales forces was first documented in 1873 by John Henry Patterson, the founder of NCR.
It is tragically ironic that, in today’s world, organizations that rely on their sales team (direct and/or indirect) to find, acquire and retain customers are using techniques and processes first documented in the late 1800s!
About the Product:
If you are a business owner, sales executive or entrepreneur looking for a more effective way to grow, control or just flat out explode your sales, then I would like to tell you about an extremely effective way for you to make that happen. Here are just some of the things you will learn in our 16 week program to sales domination:
- Improve your top line by as much as 36%. What if your team showed a 36% increase in 2011? What would this do to your paycheck? This is covered in Module 1 and in Module 4.
- Get TOP salespeople drooling at your door and begging to join with you.What if you could create a steady stream of solid leads for your sales force? It’s called “salesperson nirvana”, and it’s possible. This is covered in Module 5.
- Do your customers really appreciate you? Learn how to build a “fortress” around your customers so strong it stops your competition in their tracks, making customer defections a thing of the past! Few people know how to do this and almost none do it right when they try on their own, but this alone can make you a bundle. This is covered in Module 4 and is a must, if you expect repeat business.
- A simple technique to virtually eliminate “buyer’s remorse”, reducing cancellations, returns or refunds and resulting in increased sales at the same time. It’s very simple, that’s why hardly anyone thinks it works.
- How to get testimonials from your customers and how to make them eleven times more powerful. If you don’t do this right, it will actually turn off your potential customers.
- Why using traditional “goal setting” not only doesn’t work but can be self-destructive to you. How do you feel about your abilities, when you look at your list of goals and 8 out of 10 were not achieved? That’s what happens when you don’t have a systematic forecast with an accountable funnel system. This is covered in Module 3 and Module 6.
- Close more deals FASTER and avoid the sales roller coaster ride of peaks and valleys. That’s what happens when you don’t have a documented sales process in place. Just by doing this one thing, you could outsell your competition by 17%. This is covered in Module 3.
- Why everything you know about generating referrals is wrong. Check out our systematic approach to at least doubling the number of referrals your business receives!
- Discover how to get your sales force to perform with precision and predictability. See how powerful this can be when you eliminate sales performance excuses. This is like having a SPAM filter on your salespeople. This is covered in Module 1, Module 3, and Module 7.
- Why old, outdated methods of prospecting are huge time wasters – use this strategy for maximum growth in minimum time, instead. Understand why you could be overpaying for underperformance but can’t prove it or, worse, don’t know what to do about it. This is covered in Module 5.
- Can you identify ALL of your “sales prevention” departments? See how many of these are on your list. This is a biggie, covered in Module 1.
- And much, much more.
Rich’s View of Cargill Consulting Group:
I may be the “Oldest Living Independent CRM Analyst,” but Gil Cargill is the oldest living free-thinker on all sales management issues! I am proud to count him among my longest friends in the industry and I highly recommend all of his programs!
If you are considering this program, you should also look at these other CRM solutions:
- Coming Soon!
Rich’s Recommended Web Sites
Rich’s Recommended Reads