Last Updated on 8 years by RichBohn
This CRM Review examines DeskAway.
In-Depth CRM Review
Synage Software Pvt. Ltd.
145, Great Western Building,
23, MCC Lane,
Kala Ghoda, Fort
CRM Category: Sales Management Support – Cloud
Sub-Category: Project Management
Seats: Small Enterprise
About the Company:
How we started & why we exist
Journey from a web design & development agency to a global product company.
Founders Sahil and Sitanshi Parikh moved back from the U.S. to India in early 2005 with a dream to set up a software product company. Well-versed with design and development, having worked with a wide range of companies in the US, they (as Synage Software) initially took up web design and development projects. With a great desire for transparency and accountability in their organization, they realized a need for a tool to assign tasks to their team and track the number of hours they would take. It was important for them to make delegation easy and to have an organized view of client work. At that time, Sahil was also reading Michael Gerber’s E-Myth where the latter spoke about having systems in place so that things can be automated.
The first version of DeskAway was developed in late 2005 (it wasn’t called DeskAway then) just for internal use mainly to see what people in the team were working on. Even while traveling (which the founders love doing!) it became easy and efficient to stay in control of what was going on at work. The goal was to simplify the whole process of completing a project from start to finish with the least amount of friction.
With a very positive response to their own system, from other companies that heard about it and clients that had access to it, they realized that there was a demand for a product just like what they had. They began checking out other products, but couldn’t find anything that was simple, feature-rich and yet affordable. Virtual teams were becoming popular, software as a service (SaaS) was on the rise and this is when they saw an opportunity for their product to fulfill the need for a simple, powerful yet affordable collaborative online service backed by personalized customer service.
About the Product:
Why the name DeskAway? There is nothing better than knowing that your work is going on smoothly when you are away from your desk. Think vacations, traveling, working from home.
DeskAway is carefully hand-crafted by a small team of developers and designers. Each feature is custom-made to give you the ease of use and power to help you grow your business.
A smarter way to collaborate on your projects
Using DeskAway brings your team in-sync. Let us show you.
- Group a shared activity into a project and track it online from anywhere.
- Delegate and track your tasks. Share comments. Upload Files. Track time.
- Monthly view of all your tasks within a particular project.
- Share project files from one place. Add versions and share comments.
- Create processes to re-use in new projects.
- Get real-time updates and subscribe to the project history RSS
- Set up daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly recurring tasks.
- Manage and track breakdowns within projects. Share comments. Track time.
- A discussion forum for your project. Share comments and upload files to messages.
- Add tasks and reply to comments via email.
- Manage and track your goals and deadlines within each project.
- Easily recreate tasks. Cloned tasks can be moved to another project or Task List.
- Know how many hours are spent on a project. Export report to a spreadsheet.
- A project wiki which everybody can update. Revision control and share comments.
- Track time using the start and stop timer.
For complete pricing details, please see:
For a proper demo of this CRM solution:
For a proper demo of this CRM solution, please contact the company directly.
Rich’s View of DeskAway:
To instantly view the complete In-Depth Review of this CRM solution, download the Kindle version from our page at Amazon.com!
This review is undergoing a major update and should be available real soon now!
Go ahead, Get a second opinion!
I have never claimed to be the only source of CRM software reviews. If you would like an alternative view of this CRM solution, here are some links that you can visit. However, if you are looking for totally independent, no BS! CRM reviews, I will look forward to working with you when you get back to my site!
If you are considering this program, you should also look at these other CRM solutions:
- Coming Soon!
Rich’s Recommended Web Sites
Rich’s Recommended Reads