This review was last updated by
This CRM Review examines Catalyst.
In-Depth CRM Review
Kingdom Solutions Pty Ltd.
42C Wantirna Road
Ringwood Victoria 3134
CRM Category: Field Sales Support – Cloud
Seats: Small Enterprise
About the Company:
Catalyst began its life as Leopard CRM in 2000, originally designed for use within a product development team. Gradually, as more features were added, it grew to be used by customer services teams as well.
Leopard CRM was originally written in PHP. It was originally designed for use on Linux/UNIX based operating systems, but in 2004 Leopard CRM became cross platform as support for Windows Servers was introduced.
The original version of Leopard CRM was released as Open Source software in 2004. Since then it has been downloaded and used by thousands of people all over the world.
In 2006, by customer request, Leopard CRM was rewritten from the ground up. It now has features that far surpass the original version of Leopard CRM. The new version has been written in Ruby on Rails and Java. It can be served from the same supported operating systems as Ruby on Rails including Linux, UNIX, Mac OS X and Windows.
In 2010, the system was renamed to Catalyst to reflect the growth of the system beyond only CRM. In April 2010, version 5 has been released with the addition of Event Management features.
In July 2010, we expanded the business with the acquisition of Project Art, primarily a web consulting business. Then, in April/May 2011, we decided to merge the two of business operations into one identity: Project Art. Catalyst, its features and all of its offerings remained the same.
About Project Art:
Project Art has been trading for over 20 years with offices in Melbourne and Singapore. We provide consulting on web technologies and web marketing alongside of our web based CRM offering, Catalyst.
Project Art is managed by Dan Harper, Julia Harper, Robbert Cook and Cheryl Cook. The team brings many years of experience in CRM, Internet Marketing and Business Strategy. 2011 sees the introduction of our newest team member Ravi Sundram, with expertise in many web technologies and Internet marketing.
Project Art is dedicated to seeing you succeed in your business. This is why we exist. We aim to help by making advanced technology accessible and understandable to the business owner. By doing this, we hope that products like Catalyst will transform businesses by decreasing manual processing and increasing efficiency. You can then focus on being the best at what you do, without having to become an IT expert.
* Project Art is a trading name of Kingdom Solutions Pty Ltd.
About the Product:
Catalyst’s interface is very easy to use, because of this, it can be easy to overlook the power hidden under the hood. Here is a comprehensive list of each Catalyst feature in detail.
- Create project plans
- Set start and due date for a project
- Assign milestones to a project
- Set start and end date for a milestone
- See at a glance if your project is on track
- Assign a project manager to oversee a project
- Assign a separate person to oversee individual project milestones
- Record tasks required to complete a milestone
- Assign tasks to individuals
- Set priorities for project tasks
- Users can list project tasks by priority
- Attach files to a project
- Record all sales opportunities for your business
- Assign a manager to individual deals
- Assign a salesperson to an opportunity
- Record the status of the sale according to a sales cycle
- Sales cycle steps include:
- Sales lead
- Marketing communication
- Record the history of progress through the sales cycle for each deal
- Track which leads were generated from a particular marketing campaign
- Categorise sales leads (eg: according to product/service type, etc)
- Manage your sales pipeline
- Forecast your sales numbers for each sales period
- See how sales performance compares to last sales period
- Be alerted to sales performance issues
- Manage a team of salespeople and keep track of their opportunities
- Set projected dollar amounts and closing dates for each deal
- Assign a probability of success to each deal
- Record whether an opportunity successfully closed
- Record the amount of each closed, successful sale
- Group opportunities by category, status, salesperson or sales manager
- Report on successful deals from the last 7 days
- Report on successful deals made by your team of salespeople from the last 7 days
- View all sales opportunities with a particular customer
- Assign a note to a sales opportunities
- View all customer correspondence for each sale
Marketing Campaign Management
- Add particular contacts to a marketing campaign
- Search for targeted marketing leads based on:
- Previous marketing campaigns
- Purchase history
- Geographic location
- Referral source
- Job role
- Job title
- Previous event attendance
- Particular types of contact from staff (eg: types of inquiry, support, sales, phone calls, emails, etc)
- Previous contact with particular staff members
- View a list of all targeted campaign members including their name, company name, email address and preferred phone number
- Record a cost for each campaign
- See at a glance, the sales amounts generated for each campaign for return on investment (ROI)
- Export targeted contacts for each campaign
- Attach files to a campaign
- Mark each stage of the campaign including when contacts are exported and when marketing communications have been sent
- View the history of each campaign and which staff members were involved
- View all marketing campaigns an individual customer has been a part of
- Track customer service, technical support, customer complaints and similar incidents
- Integrate your service, sales and support emails directly into cases
- Holds a chronological record of all correspondence
- Automatically assigns a unique case number for every case
- Built in spam filter
- Prioritize issues according to critical or urgent factors
- Set a due date with CRM dashboard integration
- Record the classification of each case
- Fully customizable classifications
- Full HTML formatting abilities for recording correspondence
- Copy and paste from emails with preserved formatting
- Automatically receive new emails directly into Catalyst
- Smart assignment of emails to cases and contacts
- Creates new contacts automatically if you receive an email from a new contact
- Built in spam filtering and flagging
- Create filters for incoming email messages, assigning priorities, types and staff members
- Support for an unlimited number of email accounts
- Define multiple identities for outgoing emails
- Automatically record incoming and outgoing email correspondence against cases
- HTML email format support
- Track the history of all of your customers
- At a glance, view:
- All the previous events that customers have attended
- All upcoming events that the customer is attending
- All marketing communications for your customer
- All sales opportunities, current and historical
- Files that have been attached to your customer
- All correspondence and contact between your staff and your cusotmers
- Track customised types of correspondence
- Full HTML formatting abilities for customer notes
- Copy and paste from emails with preserved formatting
- Easily set follow up tasks or appointments when entering customer notes
- Store comprehensive information on your customers and contacts
- Centralise your customer database for sharing with staff members
- Quick search system to get customer information fast
- Easily search for company links when entering contacts
- Categorise contacts by regions, referral sources, and many more search criteria
- Fully customisable contact and address types
- Set a preferred contact method and address for each contact
- Easily see all contacts belonging to a company including information on the last contact with each customer
File Attachments & Uploads
- Attach files of virtually any type
- Attach files to many different types of information including:
- Marketing campaigns
- Keep files centralised within the system so you can easily share files with other staff
- Easily update files with new versions
- View calendar information by month
- View calendar information by week
- “Quick Add” a calendar item for the current day with 1 click
- Fully customisable calendar item types
- Set particular appointments as public (visible by all users) or private (visible only by owner)
- All day classification for calendar items
- Set a subject and detailed notes on appointments
- Easily set reminders for calendar appointments
- Combined calendar with appointments, projects, milestones and events
- Create customised calendars by grouping users into calendar filters (eg: executive staff calendar, sales team calendar, etc)
For complete pricing details, please see:
For a proper demo of this CRM solution:
For a proper demo of this CRM solution, please contact the company directly.
Rich’s View of Catalyst:
To instantly view the complete In-Depth Review of this CRM solution, download the Kindle version from our page at Amazon.com!
This review is undergoing a major update and should be available real soon now!
Go ahead, Get a second opinion!
I have never claimed to be the only source of CRM software reviews. If you would like an alternative view of this CRM solution, here are some links that you can visit. However, if you are looking for totally independent, no BS! CRM reviews, I will look forward to working with you when you get back to my site!
Sorry, I have yet to find an independent review of this solution.
If you are considering this program, you should also look at these other CRM solutions:
- Coming Soon!
Rich’s Recommended Web Sites
Rich’s Recommended Reads