Last Updated on 7 years by RichBohn
This CRM Review examines BIRT.
In-Depth CRM Review
951 Mariners Island Boulevard
San Mateo, CA 94404-1558
CRM Category: Marketing Support – Cloud
Seats: Small Enterprise
About the Company:
Actuate: “The BIRT Company®”
Actuate founded and co-leads the Eclipse BIRT open source project. BIRT is the premier development environment for presenting compelling data visualizations to users and an integral part of Actuate products. Actuate offers BIRT products ranging from the ActuateOne® product suite built on BIRT, the BIRT Performance Scorecard application that embeds BIRT, to the Xenos Enterprise Server that transforms legacy documents and data that can be fed into BIRT and other channels. Actuate products maximize end user productivity and help organizations to drive revenue through higher customer satisfaction and improved operational performance.
In the spirit of open source, each Actuate product line has a vital community of users and partners that participate in online community sites to help each other succeed with Actuate products.
Actuate is listed on NASDAQ under the symbol BIRT.
About the Product:
Recognizing the need for seamless, dynamic and accessible Business Information solutions, Actuate, the co-founder and co-leader of the premier BIRT open source development project, presents ActuateOne®. This innovative suite of integrated BI products and services features a common architecture for development and deployment that meets the dynamically changing needs of information consumers.
The ActuateOne suite includes the following products:
ActuateOne products provide users with a common interface and a common report design, making it possible to work across the organization with minimal effort. The product suite is engineered for rapidly developing and deploying custom BI applications and rich information applications that leverage BIRT.
ActuateOne features the following design product:
- BIRT Designer Pro: Developer UI for creating BIRT templates, reports and more.
ActuateOne offers the following server options:
BIRT iHub is built to scale as businesses grow and offers a variety of phased-in services that can be added as needs and requirements change. It can be implemented in a variety of ways, providing the level of services required in deployment options designed to meet any requirement:
- iHub Services
- Data Services
- Cloud Services
- onDemand Services
BIRT User Experience:
Applications built with ActuateOne provide users with one user experience regardless of task, tool or skill level; are supported by one server with a set of services to support any deployment and are built with one design using BIRT.
The following ActuateOne products are designed for users of all skill levels:
- Ad Hoc Reporting – BIRT Studio: Browser UI for creating, modifying and viewing BIRT content.
- BIRT Viewer: Simple UI for users to view BIRT content.
- BIRT Interactive Viewer: Presentation UI that allows users to view and modify their content.
- Dashboards – BIRT 360: Application for creating operational and analytic dashboards using BIRT content, content from other feeds, supplied widgets from ActuateOne, Google widgets and other third-party content.
- Mobile Options: Smartphone application options for viewing BIRT content anywhere, anytime, on nearly any device, including iPhone and iPad.
- Analytics – BIRT Data Analyzer: Powerful in-memory analytics that allow users to analyze data from virtually any data source.
ActuateOne introduces new products to its suite of Rich Information Application-ready tools, a complete BI solution built on BIRT. Actuate 11 includes numerous new features and more than 40 enhancements, extending the value of the Actuate BIRT product suite by providing:
- Improved mobile experience with HTML5 support includes animated graphics, available on ANY mobile device, including iOS devices
- Charting and graphing enhancements with new HTML5 charting library that augments Adobe Flash® objects for rich visualizations
- Big data support with new Hadoop™ data access connector (via Hive environment) and support for SFDC and DBDC connectors
- Improved cloud support for SaaS implementations with multi-account, multi-tenancy; vendors can have multiple customers which have sub customers
- Impact analysis to preview effect of changes in advance of permanently altering a report
- Database support for standard RDBMS, adding Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and DB2 to previous Postgres support
- New administration scripts make it easier for admins to run the various server admin tools
- Support for Interactive Viewer features on mobile devices
- Improved delivery through Information Console; no native client required
- Browser access from any mobile device
Highlights of the Actuate BIRT environment include:
- Unified BIRT engine: Single common engine for interactive data visualization and OLAP
- Unified data access: Multi-layered and multi-sourced
- Unified metadata layer (Optional): EII-powered with incremental updating and caching
- Unified deployment server architecture: Disseminate information to a single or a million users both inside and outside the firewall
- Unified, open API: Access and integrate any content created by the platform into existing applications
Actuate offers additional product options to meet the diverse BI needs of users and organizations:
- BIRT Performance Analytics: Industry-leading, full-featured performance management solution that supports strategy maps, scorecarding and KPI initiatives at all levels.
- Xenos Print Stream Transformation: Transforms print streams, mitigates risk, achieves compliance and reduces the challenges of document accessibility.
- BIRT Spreadsheet: Automates and centralizes spreadsheet production, maintenance, archiving, and security, eliminating version discrepancies and curbing the proliferation of multiple silos of Excel® workbook data.
- e.Reports: Provides the most discerning users with brochure-quality, on-demand reporting documents designed for presentations
For complete pricing details, please contact the company directly.
For a proper demo of this CRM solution:
For a proper demo of this CRM solution, please contact the company directly.
Rich’s View of BIRT:
To instantly view the complete In-Depth Review of this CRM solution, download the Kindle version from our page at Amazon.com!
This review is undergoing a major update and should be available real soon now!
Go ahead, Get a second opinion!
I have never claimed to be the only source of CRM software reviews. If you would like an alternative view of this CRM solution, here are some links that you can visit. However, if you are looking for totally independent, no BS! CRM reviews, I will look forward to working with you when you get back to my site!
Sorry, I have yet to find an independent review of this solution.
If you are considering this program, you should also look at these other CRM solutions:
- Coming Soon!
Rich’s Recommended Web Sites
Rich’s Recommended Reads